After over 20 years as an associate, and then a partner in Grange W. Elliott Ltd., Leslie Higginson founded Leslie M. Higginson Surveying Ltd. in June, 2007. His goal was to provide his existing client base superior service while reaching out to new clients and working on new projects through investment in rapidly changing survey technology and quality personnel.
Since 2007, Les has transformed a small Land Survey office into a large contributor to the growth and development of the city of Kingston and the surrounding region.
Get in touch
We at Leslie M. Higginson Surveying Ltd. know that most home/land owners don't have much experience with property surveys. We are here to discuss your needs and provide you with a solution. Please do not hesitate to call to chat or book an appointment in office. It's our pleasure to walk you through your needs, the scope of your goals, and your limits of your budget.
Ontario Land Surveyor / President & Owner
Leslie M. Higginson O.L.S., O.L.I.P
Upon graduating with a Survey Science degree in 1982, Leslie Higginson was employed by Coote and Jackson Ltd. O.L.S., in Huntsville and for Ken Wiseman O.L.S., in Brockville. Leslie moved to Kingston in 1984 and was commissioned as an Ontario Land Surveyor in 1986. He became a partner in Grange W. Elliott Ltd. and worked there for over 20 years before founding Leslie M. Higginson Surveying Ltd. in June 2007.
Leslie has extensive experience advising and consulting on land registration, legal surveys, topographical mapping, and land administration/management matters. He has many years of experience providing expertise, survey data, and service to diverse construction and engineering projects that require high accuracy and short turnaround. Leslie and his staff are dedicated to providing accurate and detailed work, while making sure his clients understand the information presented. He works closely with his clients to to achieve their objectives and move their projects forward.
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO
Bachelor of Survey Science, 1982
Training & Certifications
- ACAD Course St. Lawrence College (Intermediate Level)
- GPS Course given by Queen’s University and A.O.L.S.
- MicroSurvey Training Course 2007 and 2008
- An Introduction to LiDAR: A One Day Course 2009
- Trimble GPS: Real Time GNSS Surveying With Can-Net Training 2009
- Working With Surveyors and Engineers Abroad 2011
- MTO Study of Network RTK Systems 2011
- Integrated Surveys in Practice 2011
- Innovations in Geomatics: Practical Presentations on Geomatics and Related Fields 2012
- Geodetic Survey of Canada: Canada’s New Vertical Datum 2013
- Applanix: Indoor Navigation/Mapping 2013
- Migration of City Control to CSRS 2013
- Optech: Advances in Mobile LiDAR Mapping 2013
- Parcel Mapping Solutions for Boundary Surveys 2014
- Unmanned Aerial Systems 2014
- Mobile Scanning of the Lafontaine Tunnel 2014
- Supervisor Health and Safety Awareness 2014
- Second Annual Boundary Law Conference 2014
- Geographic Information System (GIS) Seminar 2015
- Integrated Technologies 2015
- Subsurface utility infrastructure data in the survey environment 2016
- Current State of Reference Systems in Ontario, including the Contribution of Real Time Networks 2016
- Boundary Law Conference: Boundaries of Public Highways 2016
- National Surveyor’s Conference 2017
- Surveyor’s Eastern Regional Meetings 2017
Field & Office Staff
Our field and office staff have largely worked together for several years; many of whom worked with Leslie at Grange W. Elliott. Today, our small but dedicated office staff is focused on servicing our clients' needs through diligent research, meticulous drafting work, and strong communication throughout the project. Our field staff has decades of field experience, working on a variety of projects, in all weather conditions, throughout the region. Our field staff have been involved in many large and small projects throughout Kingston, and have played a role in the development of the city throughout the years. They are professional, courteous, and efficient. All of our field crew have relevant and up to date safety and first aid certifications required by Ontario regulations.